Access to the electronic resources for the public is restricted to use while on the FAU campuses due to licensing requirements.
You may request a courtesy login username and password to OpenAthens by visiting https://libweb.fau.edu/oaguest/ from any of the public use computers at the FAU Library (this guest account will not work off campus).
- You will need to provide a valid email address and phone number. A courtesy account will be generated and sent to the email you used on that form within 5-10 minutes.
- If you don't see the confirmation email, please check your spam or junk folders.
- If you still did not receive the confirmation email, please contact us via our OpenAthens form so we can help resolve the issue.
Once you receive your courtesy login credentials, you may access our e-resources while on campus. Simply find the relevant resource via our library website and when you are directed to login, you will be presented with this login screen:
- Select the 3rd option (Sign in with your OpenAthens guest account). You will be taken to a screen to enter the login credentials that were emailed to you (username and password).
- Please note that your username will be prefixed with "fauedu" when we create your account.
- Enter the credentials and select "Sign In." You will then be taken to the electronic resource that you were trying to access.
- Just a reminder that your credentials and access will only work while you are on the FAU campus using one of the library computers or using the FAU WiFi Network. It will not work off campus (home, coffee shop, etc).
- Borrowing & Circulation
- Business Resources
- Campus Libraries
- Checking out books
- Collection Management
- Computers & Software
- Course Reserves - Textbook Reserves
- Digital Collections
- Directions & Parking
- Dissertations & Theses
- Employment Opportunities
- EZproxy (log in)
- FAUnet ID